The following is a repost from the Farm to Institute New England:
The votes are in and we are thrilled to announce the winners in the Northeast Farm to School Recipes for Success Contest!
Grand Prize ($300 prize): Iron Chef – Salad ChallengeElizabeth Lichtenberg from Alton Central School in Alton Bay, NH
Runner Up ($100 prize): Raising a Reader – Food Literacy Workshop
Karyn Novakowski from Somerville Farm to School Project in Somerville, MA
Runner Up ($100 prize): Farm to Protein
Misse Axelrod from Washington South Supervisory Union in Roxbury, VT
Featured projects to be highlighted in the Farm to School Recipes for Success online cookbook!
· The Incredible Edible Soil by Caroline Moore, Healthy Communities of the Capital Area, Gardiner, ME
· Please Hear Us: Students’ Ideas on Making School Food Better by Nicole Bourdon, Springfield Food Policy Council School Nutrition Committee, Springfield, MA
· Nutrition Education Stations by Laura Collaro and Kathy Alexander, ANESU Food Service Cooperative, Bristol, VT
· Plant, Harvest, Tomato and Potato! By Wendy Collins, Kittery School Nutrition Program, Kittery, ME
· A Food Affair to Remember: Strengthening the Community and the Individual One Meal at a Time by Caelan Keenan, The Farm at the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps, Richmond, VT
· Exploring, Saving and Fundraising with Seeds by Claire Lafave, Island Grown Schools, Martha’s Vineyard, MA
· Native, Edible Outdoor Classroom by Deirdre Holmes, Charlotte Central School, Charlotte, VT
Register today (http://www.farmtoinstitution.org/summit) for the Farm to Institution Summit, April 7-9, and hear these inspiring leaders tell the stories of their recipes for success.
And stay tuned! We’ll be releasing these great recipes online in early April. Watch http://www.farmtoinstitution.org/f2s-recipes for more info.
Content provided by FINE: Farm to Institution New England